Friday, December 4, 2015

The Big Build


The Big Build has begun and the saw till is nearly complete. I have a little more work to do carving the face frame by hand, but I wanted to wait until I had the tool cabinet done as well.

I built the case for the till and turned a rope design in the dowel.


I made a simple face frame, then took away it's simpleness.


To remove a bulk of the wood for carving I used a grinder.




Then I added a drawer for files and sets.


The saw till nearly done I turned to the tool cabinet.

Both pieces are all hand dovetailed.



When I had the case about done I cut a piece of plywood the size the door panel would be and laid out the tools I wanted in it to see what would fit. I took pictures, then set planes on the shelve of the cabinet and took a picture. I then laid the cabinet down on it's back and took a picture with tools laying on the back panel. When I was all done I used photoshop to see what it might look like.





Looks like it will work well. Can't wait to see the tree design in the doors.


4 comments:

  1. Great job! I love how you've made a common cupboard unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Download over 16,000 WOODWORKING Plans at here
    https://cnnwood.weebly.com/
    Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
    Arbor Projects ,
    Adirondack Chairs ,
    Artwork Display ,
    Bathroom Unit ,
    Box Designs ,
    Billiard/Pool Table ,
    Barn Plans ,
    Bed Plans ,
    Bedside Cabinets ,
    Bee Hive Plans ,
    Bench Projects ,
    Bird Feeders ,
    Birdhouse Plans ,
    Boat Plans ,
    Book Case Plans ,
    Baby Changing Table ,
    Coat Rack ,
    Cabin Plans ,
    Cabinet Plans ,
    Carport Plans ,
    Cart Plans ,
    Cat House Plans ,
    CD/DVD Holder ,
    Cellar Projects ,
    Chair Plans ,
    Chest Designs ,
    Chicken Houses
    Childrens Room Plans ,
    Clock Plans ,
    Coasters ,
    Coffee Table Designs ,
    Cold Frame Plans ,
    Compost Bin ,
    Computer Desk ,
    Containers ,
    Cradle Projects ,
    Small Crafts ,
    Cutting Board ,
    Deck Plans ..

    ReplyDelete